These potatoes are great as tapas with baguette crostini to sop up the juices.4 ounces Spanish chorizo (Boar's Head puts this up, and you can find it at Harris Teeter in the cheese shop)
2 tablespoons olive oil1 yellow onion, minced1 garlic clove, minced1 ½ pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4" pieces1 teaspoon sweet paprika1 bay leaf½ cup Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc1 ½ cups waterSea salt and ground pepper
- Using a large nonstick pan on medium heat, add oil.
- When oil begins shimmering, add onion and cook, stirring often, until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add potatoes and cook until just starting to pick-up color (about 5-8 minutes).
- Stir in the red pepper and chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft (about 3 minutes).
- Add the paprika and bay leaf.
- Add wine and cook until reduced by half (about 3 minutes)
- Add water and increase heat to high.
- When boiling begins, reduce to medium-low and cook until potatoes are tender and the liquid is absorbed (about 10 minutes).
- Remove the bay leaf and adjust seasoning.
- Transfer potatoes to warmed serving bowl or use a crock pot on low to keep warm.